News Roundup: Gluttonous state and district administrators clamor for more money while classroom teachers worry about their jobs.
- Tight school budgets reinvigorates the push for public posting of school district spending in the form of online check registers.
- Talk of diverting Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) funds and shortening the school week to keep school buses fueled.
- Classroom teachers look to bake sales for money while District Superintendents enjoy over generous salaries, lush perks and grandiose travel.
- Anti-reformer Bob Walker receives a surprise endorsement from a biased journalist (in a race he isn’t even running in).
- Dismal student performance throughout Beaufort School District may require state or federal “corrective action.”
- Jim Rex offers talking points, not real leadership, in the wake of another public school teacher-student relations scandal.
- Charleston Post and Courier editorializes for more state oversight and third-party grading of PACT / PASS as Clyde-Sanders cheating scandal drags on.